A few days ago we told you about our newest premium service - "Advanced Designer" - which lets you use your very own CSS code to customize the design of your site on FourFour. We thought it might be helpful to show you what this tool can do!
We quickly...like, just a couple hours...coded up some CSS for one of our demo sites: http://www.yourofficialwebsite.com
Here's what we did:
- we added image-based main menu links that use a totally custom font
- we changed up the layout and put the sidebar on the right side
- we added a background image underneath the main page content area, and use this background only on the homepage
- we stylized the individual Twitter and Latest Updates posts
- we removed the display of the footer
- we removed the sidebar
- we added a different background image in the main page content area, this time a photograph
- again, we stylized the individual News posts
- yet another background photograph, specific to this page
- we removed the display of Latest Releases from the sidebar
Click on the "Wild Card" album to go it's detail page.
- we added a promo image above the album details, specific to this album
- changed up the layout again, just for this page, putting the sidebar back on the left side
- removed the display of the Music Player from the sidebar
View the demo site: http://www.yourofficialwebsite.com
One important thing to know. If you upgrade to "Advanced Designer" and start coding your own CSS, we'll copy over all of your existing design settings for you. You won't lose any of the hard work you've already put into customizing your site. And, you can switch back and forth between basic and advanced mode at any time ... we preserve both settings.
Learn more about "Advanced Designer": http://www.fourfour.com/help/showFaq/sid/what-is-advanced-designer
Let us know what you think. And don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help with something.
Steve & Trevor